Founded 50 years ago, SHODENSHA is a publisher of fiction and non-fiction. Some of our major literary titles are Kazufumi Shiraishi’s To an Incomparable Other (winner of the 2009 Naoki Prize), Rin Hamuro’s A Samurai Chronicle (winner of the 2011 Naoki Prize), Yoshinobu Kadoi’s Ieyasu Builds Edo (nominated for the 2016 Naoki Prize), and Fuminori Onodera’s People (2nd Prize winner of the 2019 Japanese Booksellers Award).

Before joining SHODENSHA, I worked as an editor of translated Korean literature for over 10 years. My editorial credits include Kwon Dae-woong’s One Day, Han Kang’s Human Acts, and Park Min-gyu’s Pavane for a Dead Princess. At SHODENSHA, I was in charge of Sohn Won-pyung’s Almond.

I look forward to interacting directly with publishers from Korea and hearing about current trends in the Korean market. I hope this gives me a chance to discover new works and genres that might interest us.